Zulfiadi Zulhan is a highly accomplished Head of the Pyrometallurgy Laboratory at the Faculty of Mining and Petroleum Engineering, Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB). He has an extensive academic background and a remarkable track record in research and development, as well as practical experience in the metallurgical industry.
Dr. Zulhan holds a Dr.-Ing. degree in Ferrous Metallurgy (Summa Cumlaude) from the Institute of Ferrous Metallurgy (IEHK), RWTH Aachen University, Germany, which he received in 2006. He also holds a Master of Science degree in Corrosion from the Department of Mining Engineering, Bandung Institute of Technology, Indonesia (2000). Recently, in 2021, he completed the Engineer Professional Program, earning an Insinyur (Ir.) degree from the Bandung Institute of Technology.
His representative working experience is as follows.
• 1997 – now : Academic Staff, Metallurgical Engineering, Bandung Institute of Technology, Indonesia
• 2002 – 2005: Researcher, Institute for Ferrous Metallurgy, RWTH Aaachen, Germany
• 2006 – 2009: Metallurgist, Siemens VAI Metals Technologies GmbH, Duisburg, Germany
• 2010 – now : Technical Advisor / Technical Operation Senior Analyst, PT Antam Tbk, Indonesia
• 2012 – 2015: Consulting Metallurgist, Technometall GmbH, Duisburg, Germany
• 2015 – 2021 : Colsulting Metallurgist, Tenova Metals Deutschland, Essen, Germany
• 2021 – 2022 : Consulting Metallurgist, Technometal Beijing, China
He has extensive knowledge of green metals processing, high temperature metals processing modelling and simulation, ironmaking process and steelmaking process principles and technology.